The GRE Regional Economic Gardening Program is designed to provide sophisticated, tailor-made technical assistance to local companies poised for growth in the Greater Rochester, NY region. GRE partners with the Edward Lowe Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that supports entrepreneurship, to provide this unique program to Rochester area companies.
Economic gardening is ideal for second-stage entrepreneurs because it focuses on critical strategic challenges they’re wrestling with – from developing new markets and refining business models to assessing competitive intelligence. By providing second-stage CEOs with action-oriented tools and information, economic gardening specialists point them to new opportunities they may never have thought of on their own. Selected companies will have access to a suite of high-end, high-speed development tools.
- Identify qualified leads by sorting contents of extensive databases
- Map geographic areas using GIS software to facilitate targeted marketing efforts
- Review core strategies related to commodity and/or niche markets
- Examine social media utilization to connect with customers
- Place your website in front of more customers using search engine optimization
- Analyze employee temperament to build strong management teams
We offer this program to a select group of companies in the Greater Rochester region at no cost, thanks to generous financial support from Greater Rochester Enterprise and Empire State Development.
Greater Rochester Enterprise interim president & CEO Matt Hurlbutt discussed the GRE Regional Economic Gardening Program on News 8 at Sunrise.
Does Your Company Qualify?
To apply for this free program, your business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a for-profit, privately held company headquartered and operating in Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming or Yates County
- Have between $1 million and $50 million in annual revenue
- Employ at least 10 but no more than 100 employees (including the owner)
- Have maintained principal operations in the Greater Rochester, NY Region for at least the past 2 years
- Demonstrate growth in employment and/or revenue for at least 2 of the past 5 years
- Provide products and/or services to markets outside of the Greater Rochester, NY Region
Note: Retail, restaurant establishments, and local service providers (e.g. accounting, legal, staffing firms) do not qualify for this program.
Grow Thanks to Our Partners